Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sustainable Shawnee Blogs for the Shawnee News-Star



Cody Deem and Shawna Turner are blogging for the Shawnee News-Star! The blog is called Sprouts and covers a variety of environmental and green living topics.

Here's a sample of what's featured this week:

If you peep into most household recycling bins, you'll find that much of the waste is plastic bottles - water bottles, soda bottles, milk jugs, etc. I know I feel very proud of myself when I recycle most of the plastic I use but I could do a lot more in the area of reducing my plastic usage and making smarter consumer choices.
 
I'm sure I don't have to tell you about the vast island of plastic floating in the Pacific Ocean and how it got there. The impact of our collective wasteful behavior is profound to say the least but we can reduce the amount of plastic that ultimately ends up in the landfill or the ocean.
 
 
We write a couple of articles every week so check back and leave a comment. We'd love to hear from you!

No comments: